02 January 2007

Messages for Mommy


Tonight, we sent messages to Mommy. It was originally an idea by the children's counselor to help them grieve, but...

I added a message, and so did Marmee.

All of us (except Thomas, who can't write yet) wrote short messages to Mommy, and we tied them to balloons.

Then, we went out on the back deck and launched the balloons up into the sky... and we hope Mommy will get them and read them.

It's a nice idea...

(and part of me really is hoping she'll see the messages.)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a good idea. Regarding your fine print, I want to say "Of course she will", but that's my faith, so I'll just say, "maybe so". None of us can really know.

Holding all you folks close in thought and sending love.

Unknown said...

I have to agree w/ Missbirdlegs she is reading your every thought to her. She loves you and will watch over you always.

Anonymous said...

Ditto the above. I believe she knows and she will continue to watch over her family.

Jen said...

I can't imagine that she won't see the messages you sent. Maybe not in the physical sense, but I'm convinced that those we love can read our hearts from beyond this life. She'll never truly leave you.

Household6 said...

It's a very sweet idea Reid. Even your hope (which I believe will be seen).

blank said...

What a wonderful idea.

Rachelle Jones said...

she read them...

and I assure you, on a cloudy day when you need something beautiful to remind you of how wonderfult the World is, she will return the favor...with a butterfly, or a pretty flower, or by the song of a bird and you will know she read them.

Anonymous said...

In looking at all these wonderful photographs, I can assure you your wife read and treasured every word written and even knows what's in the heart of those too little to hold a pencil.

I am thinking of you and praying for all of you.