17 January 2007

Beaufort National Cemetery


Beaufort National Cemetery is a beautiful place.

I remember it from when I was a kid. I used to go to Beaufort, SC often to visit my grandmother who lived there.

Beaufort is a quiet town, going back a few hundred years. The cemetary goes back to the War Between the States.

It's small, certainly no Arlington, but distinguished by its solemnity and peacefulness.

There's a wonderful touch of Old World to it... oak trees, cypresses... is beautiful.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Reid and lovely children, what certain solace those graceful trees cast. I am holding all of you in my heart and have you in my thoughts as I wander off to dream. And the good "Fred" too. His memorial is magnificent.
alexa kim

MaryAnn said...

Oh, it is a beautiful place. Thank you for sharing the photos of the visitation with us, too. The photos, the flowers - everything was lovely.

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.