09 April 2005

A gift from the Army

I count myself truly blessed to have this picture.


Most guys on a deployment don't get to come home (if at all) until after the birth. See, the Army doesn't want you to come back for two weeks and wait for a birth only to have it not happen and then miss it. (It makes sense... not great, but it's not bad for Army thinking.)

Anyway, not only did the CO let me stay back and be there for the birth, but after everything went south, they let me stay some more to help the family through...

So, I get a picture of me holding my son. :) Thank you, Army... for a rare show of true compassion. Thank you.

1 comment:

grillermo said...

This is the first person i read thankful with the us army.
It's a whole new point of view of what the news shows, brings hopes to my heart about war issues. CONGRATS FOR YOUR KID!!!