16 January 2007

The Children Say Goodbye


I have some pictures of when T and M said their good-byes to Mommy.

There's not a whole lot to add to the pictures, but one thing.

T isn't really talking yet. He is a little behind the curve to begin with since he started the first few months of his life deaf. Factor in the humongous stress the family has been through, and it is understandable.

That said, you'll see in the bottom picture, where my Dad is holding him up... Dad is starting to lose it. The reason is: When T leaned in... he kissed E and then waved to her and said, "Bye-bye".



It brought tears to all of our eyes... so sweet... I don't think I'll ever forget T saying good-bye like that.






Children grasp more than we ever give them credit for.

8 comments:

Rachelle Jones said...

Thank you for posting this...

I am going to hug my babies right now..

Prayers continue for strength and support, and God's grace.

Anonymous said...

I echo AWTM's assessment to the letter.

We are continuing to hold you all in prayer.

Anonymous said...

I remember being in the same situation as your children and never wanting the good-bye to end. These photos will be precious to them, Reid.

Prayers continued...

Anonymous said...

My heart just breaks for them... but especially Thomas. He may never have his own memories (being so young) but it will mean so very much to him that he has these.

soldierdeb said...

This is your diary - I respect that. Thank you for sharing her amazing life with us.
Much prayers

Anonymous said...

I have been following your trials and tribulations through ArmyWife ToddlerMom and came back to see how you're doing. I'm amazed at the strength. Your posts are powerful and I know Ellicia would be so proud of you for trudging forward. For documenting for the children the love you have for her and to help them remember their mother as they grow older.

I absolutely lost it and fell apart at this post. God love you and your family. You will be in my prayers.

Uzz said...

Words cannot even describe the feelings I had when I came over from a post at Army of Mom. My father passed when I was only a year old, but my mother did an amazing job raising four kids on her own. Your task is daunting, but your love for your precious Ellicia will always stoke the fire to be strong. May God bless all of you at this time and may your spirit be lifted by all those who care about your family.

Dallas Meow said...

God Bless you. I've lost both my brothers, at very different ages. No matter the pain I feel, I cannot imagine what my mom must feel.