04 December 2005

Feeling Guilty

I have GOT to find a way to beat this.

Have been feeling very guilty and depressed lately. Now, before anyone psychoanalyzes me through e-mail, please don't...

Anyway, what's been getting me down is simple: I'm home, and the unit isn't. It feels a lot like I felt back in March when the unit deployed without me.

I'm getting the priviledge of spending Thanksgiving and Christmas with the family - easily the two hardest holidays to spend apart. I have celebrated one birthday I'd have missed and will get to do another. I will likely get to see Thomas pull himself up any moment now.

And it all feels... unearned. I feel tremendously guilty. They're not home yet (and don't think my antennae didn't twitch when I heard of two more Storm choppers down) and I am.

Lucky me.

Don't get me wrong, I AM happy to be here. My wife and kids ARE my mission now. Just feel really guilty. Should be there.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought of you when I heard about the choppers. Had a feeling it would make you antsy.

GunnNutt said...

Can't psychoanalyze, huh? Well...er, um... Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

all normal feelings. Thhose guys are like your family, too. Give yourself a little time. you'll find a way to deal with it. That was NOT psychoanalyzing!

Anonymous said...

Boy, you set some tough policy:)

RobC said...

All things considered it is understandable.
Thinking of you folks with the battle at hand.
My mom also fought the fight but sadly was diagnosed very late. I do think you guys have the advantage and will be in my thoughts as well as all your deployed comrades.

Eyes on target!

RobC