29 December 2005

Followup Regarding Generosity (F.R.G.)

Thanks for the comment, Tom... sadly, I think that since the 1SG has been the one who suggested that I not accept nor solicit any help from the FRG (i.e., ANYone connected to the unit), I don't see it happening.

I am allowed to use one friend. She's a Soldier in the unit, but she's also a really good friend, and someone whom the kids love and adore. She's practically a member of the family (even spent Christmas with us). Anyway, we've worked out a deal with her supervisor where she can even come over and watch the kids even during duty hours.

However, of course... even any other friends who are connected to the unit are unusable for babysitting.

Checked with the base CDC (Child Development Center or Child Dumping Center) and there are easy to find spots for M and K, but of course, not T. Their slots are all full. So, I'll figure something out there... not sure what...

Probably going to work like this: Kids in school, and Soldier can watch T, as long as duty doesn't conflict. She is serving on the Quick Reaction Force, so in the event that the base is invaded, she'll need to drop T off with... someone. Going to try to find a back-up to my plan.

Sigh...

Think I'll be smart and try to find some babysitters on the economy. They aren't connected to the unit! Germans are working well for M, so why not? Besides, they'll be paid... Who can argue with that?

(Oh, and Tom... I think I'll pass on the WTF... good sentiment, but doesn't quite fit with the site...)

Passing 10,000 hits!!!

5 comments:

SCEagle said...

The top of the blog page is acting screwy... any ideas on how to fix? If you're an HTML guru, let me know...

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.... screwy how? It looks good to me, in Firefox. I can do some HTML (or try) if it will help, but I bet there are some smarter others (Holly Aho, where are you?) out there.

Tell 'Soldier' outsiders appreciate her willingness to help as she is doing. Seems unlikely the base will be attacked, but hey... best be prepared.

1SG needs to be talked to by a higher ranking NCO if one can be found. 1SG's *boss* needs to be talked to by POTUS. This whole thing is dumb!!!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I'm being curmudgeonly. It's possible 1SG has the duty to pass the word, and will then do something good behind the scenes. The best NCOs do.

Anonymous said...

I hope it will work out somehow. In a worse case scenario you can send Thomas to CO for a few months...:-)

Anonymous said...

Right on, Jen.

There has to be a way. Someone needs to appear out of the woodwoork. I wonder if the Soldiers Angels Germany team knows anyone in town?