31 December 2005

Homesick

Was clicking through channels, and passed the Pentagon channel. (Hey, when it's a military owned cable network, you KNOW you're going to get the Pentagon channel!)

Anyway, at that very moment, they were starting a report from Kandahar. It was about how the coalition was helping pilgrims for the Hajj.

It was the first civilian use of the Kandahar airport (aka Kandahar Air Field) since the war began. It seemed unusual to see all the familiar sites...

Actually felt... "Homesick". Strange.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see you've changed years on us - We're still in the dark ages of 2005. I had an e-mail from Iraq at 5:17PM with pics of celebrations. Huh! Hadn't even decided what to have for supper at that time. Too weird.

I understand the homesick & I'll bet you do, too. Happy New Year to you & yours - Better times are coming! Hugs, Katy (Mary*Ann, try: wwzynfls)

Anonymous said...

Must have been a very strange thing to see! But a good one.

Here's to a wonderful 2006!

Anonymous said...

Hey...

www.kafstorm.blogspot.com is not the same as plain old kafstorm.blogspot.com (new URL for new year?)...

SCEagle said...

Hey, Tom... what do you mean? Looks the same whichever way I type it in...

Got me?

Anonymous said...

Hey - Congrats on being a Finalist in the 2005 Milbloggies! I understand you'll get some kind of banner to ad to your site.

Anonymous said...

Must be the name server I get to; but www.xxxxx gets to the current place, and without the www it cuts in just at the post about your Dad. Otherwise looks the same. Strange.