29 April 2006

That Special Time of Night

It's almost midnight. It's a special time of night for me.

Now, many of you are wondering (rightfully so, I 'spect) what I'm doing up this late. Well, part of it is that I can't help it. I am a definite night-owl. I have to force myself to bed early, and that's only when I know it's going to be a super early morning. Somehow, I just do ok...

Anyway, it's particularly nice. Kids are asleep. It's nice and quiet. Very peaceful. "My" time.

So, while I'll soon be toddling off to bed. I'm flat-out exhausted. (And why am I not already in bed? Well, can't sleep. See "night-owl" part above.) Hopefully I'll get to sleep through the night without any early morning phone calls ("Has she checked her e-mail?" at 0630 today) and the children waking up.

Hopefully.

No comments: