23 April 2006

Quiet Before the Storm

Well, Ellicia and I just returned from a short getaway. It was a getaway... get away from the kids... get away from the base... get away from the fish bowl... get away from ________.

We had a lovely stay in Frankfurt at one of our favorite hotels. We were able to swim (I gave Ellicia swimming lessons), sleep in (what a concept!), have room service, enjoy a nice meal, and even go out to the airport and watch the airplanes while having ice cream.

It was nice.

And over too quickly. Less than 48 hours.

And less than 36 hours from now, she goes in for surgery.
And I get the kids.
I'd love to swap with her.

If the blog posts/e-mails slow down over the week, it'll be due to the crazy schedule I'll be operating on.

Ellicia needs visits during her hospital stay. Not just from me, cause I'm her hubby and all, but because my visit will be the only English she gets to hear... not counting the broken English from a nurse explaining that she needs to roll over to have her temperature taken (oh joy).

I feel for her in the hospital. I have our iPod all loaded with audiobooks and tv shows to watch. Plus music. And pictures to look at. (Amazing lil' toy.)

I hope I get to spend time with her, but... it's probably going to be short visits.

And hoping the surgery is easy and minimal -- we really don't know how much will be cut until he goes in and looks... not expecting a full breast, but... anything else is still possible...

So, till later...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will be praying hard for y'all! Let us know how things are going when you can. We'll wait...

Love and hugs,
Katy

Anonymous said...

Ditto what Katy said. While this first surgery can have many outcomes, remember what I told ya about the artistry of reconstruction.

Prayers and hugs

Anonymous said...

Our prayers will be with you also. I know it is hard but try to think of all the positives. Talking of positives, I am so pleased you both enjoyed a lovely couple of days away and hope you have another couple of days like this planned for just the two of you as part of the recovery programe.

Les & Colleen

Anonymous said...

I am *so* glad you got away.

I'll be rooting for you; don't worry about posting. If I lived anywhere near, I'd drop by, if I could get into the hospital.

Anonymous said...

Dino baby... I guess you don't like women, do you? "BE A MAN"? How about "BE AN IDIOT WHO CAN'T THINK STRAIGHT"? Hell is reserved for folks like you, no kidding.

You really like calling names, don't you? Hey... I got it... you're a Phelps-clone!

SCEagle said...

Well, Tom... if you swing by, I can give you directions from the Frankfurt airport...

Anonymous said...

We are booked to fly north to Darwin (Australia) for 4 days on Thursday night and today they are in line to cop a 365km per hour cyclone (hurricane as you say). Darwin is built to withstand these but lets pray all lives are ok and that there is something still standing if it hits today as forcasted. On Christmas Day 1974 Darwin was completely flattened (like New Orleans)and many lives lost in a cyclone, they rebuilt to stand up to these and this is the first since. Depends on the weather changes if we make this planned getaway - I guess we should join your offer for Tom and meet you at Frankfurt airport, only problem it is too far away for a 4 day getaway.

As for that coward hidding behind a so called ministry -- Dean, uh Dean who....a waste of oxygen as one of our sons would say (yes Reid it would be Leslie). Chin up and forget the cowardly knocks that people like this give, they are the minority.

Cheers and God Bless
Les & Colleen

Anonymous said...

I was trying to write something clever about all of us meeting halfway somewhere and then going on to visit Ellicia....but I had to get the globe down to figure out where half way was and that was much too confusing...and I'm still not coming up with anything clever so....just know that if we could, we would be there. Wouldn't that be an interesting get together? :-) Good Luck.

Oh ya, people like phelps and berry...I'm sure there's a special place in hell for them.