12 April 2006

It's Our Right! It's Our Right!

Did you know that you have the right to not lose your job - even if you don't come to work?

No?

Surprise! This is the belief of several of our loyal citizens, er... future citizens, um, I mean... residents who snuck in here and are not supposed to be here.

In a recent article (and news show coverage), it is reported that the management of the Wolverine Packing Company actually dared to FIRE some employees for not coming to work.

These are some undocumented workers (paperwork pending?) who were told that if they went to a rally instead of coming to work as scheduled, they would lose their job.

They did not come to work. They rallied. They were fired. As predicted.

Now, rights groups are up in arms. (Big surprise) Apparently, it's their right to miss work to demonstrate for their rights. (See also - Students Given School Credit for Demonstrating Instead of Attending School).

I wish I'd known back in the days when I was a civilian. I could have gone out and demonstrated... maybe a nice demonstration at the beach? What am I thinking? I'm a white, protestant, male...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of some of the union vs management situations we get here and there.