13 October 2006

Where, Oh Where, Has That Little Form Gone?

Where, oh where, might it be?

Still waiting for my paperwork to go through so I can receive my orders and start working on transitioning us to the States.

I suppose it's making it's way... It's restarted it's path. I'd submitted it last week, and fully expected it to be delayed due to the four day holiday (Glorious Columbus Day). Had a meeting scheduled on Wednesday, with the entire Chain of Command. Immediately prior, some of my (former) co-workers in the personnel office handed me some forms. Included was... my reassignment request! The original, not a copy, but the very original.

Apparently, it had left the office and made it's way up the chain, and along the way, some clerk had put it in the wrong slot, and it came right back down. So, after a week plus, there it was, in my hot little hands.

So, it's been resubmitted, and this time, the Command is bypassing ALL of the regular channels to ensure that doesn't happen again.

Until it's processed, there are no orders. And in the Army, without orders, no one will talk to you about anything (it's a good policy, otherwise a lot of people would waste time on whims and dreams).

So, fingers crossed... entering another weekend... hopefully soon, so I can start getting busy. In a holding pattern for now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Yeeesh, I hate paperwork, but in this case it's a good thing.

Kat said...

Ack! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I'll burn some NCR forms in offering to the bureaucracy spirits so your paperwork will be blessed with speedy and competent processing. Ok, I'll burn a few extra and sprinkle some red ink flakes for good measure, just to help it work better. And I'll say a special prayer too. Hey, you seen that Zucker ad that the Repubs ended up not using, they decided to use the tamer of the two he produced for them? IMHO, no matter what your politics, it's just funny, which is the reason why I mention it, just for a chuckle. But the kitten videos can be pretty funny too.
alexa kim

Anonymous said...

Well, Shoot! Will be praying that the "little form" zips right along this time so that you'll hear something very, very soon.