31 October 2006

Paperwork - Day 29

So, here we are... Day 29. Still no orders.

As of today, I'm told that the paperwork is at Division. It finally left Brigade on 26 October.

Sigh.

And the Congressional offices say that they expect an answer within a couple of weeks, since they marked it "Urgent".

No one seems to have any sense of urgency on this.

I'm worried we're getting backed into "Coffin Corner" (it's a flying term). Our last German appointment is 09 November. The Germans aren't wanting to start any major treatments or procedures that they won't be able to finish, or that may lock their American counterparts into something, or that may debilitate her to where she can't travel. Understandable.

But, without orders, we can't get to the American doctors to begin anything.

So, very, very frustrating.

How long can this take? How long does it take to review this paperwork?

"File the paperwork, and we can have you out of here in a week..." Right.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry - wish I knew someone who knew someone....

Unknown said...

Thinking and hitting up any resources I can think of here. Hoping and praying for a quick resolution. Maybe someone needs to send an e-mail to W or someone like that.

Rachelle Jones said...

My DH just told me to have you call your IG ASAP....

I will say prayers, and I will make a couple of calls myself...

Rachelle Jones said...

OK sorry to back up on this..

go through chain of command (
as always)..ALSO ask for a timeline...

if that goes dry

Then go to the IG,

Then Congressional...