17 October 2006

Army Strong - More Thoughts from Tanker Brothers

I can't believe I missed this post, but... I did. It happens. Anyway, it was quite a pleasure to read this post over at Tanker Brothers. Maybe because I once was one of those brand-new Soldiers walking around Ft. Knox, beaming with pride that I'd completed Army Basic Training at FORT KNOX!

Lots of memories from that time, from the feeling of coming back on that last ruckmarch (and being at the front keeping a good pace) to scanning the crowd during graduation to giving M her first ride on a swingset. And perhaps one of the coolest memories? Wearing the same uniform as my father. Even though he was retired, he pulled the uniform out to wear to graduation... ok, so he seriously outranked me, but my heart was about to burst right out of my chest as the two of us walked around, both in uniform. It was definitely My Turn.

So, anyway, go look at the Army Strong post.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll bet he was about to burst with pride too.

Anonymous said...

Made me grin just reading about it. What a feeling that must have been for you both.

Anonymous said...

Definitly a post that made me smile. The pride of father and son!