31 October 2006

Senator Kerry and the Troops

I wasn't going to comment on this. I mean, who's surprised?

Haven't heard? Really?


“You know, education, if you make the most of it, if you study hard and
you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, uh, you, you
can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.”



See? What's there to comment on?

Would I really want to comment on the fact that every military officer in Iraq (and Afghanistan, and aw shoot, the entire military) has a college degree? Nope, wouldn't do that. Wouldn't mention those mighty-fine institutions like West Point, Annapolis, and the Air Force Academy that presumably issue diplomas on toilet paper.

Nope.

I certainly won't comment on those fine, intelligent NCO's and junior enlisted who do such foolish things as earn college degrees and then, in moments of (Senatorial perceived) stupidity, re-enlist.

It'd be foolhardy of me to ask if the Senator was familiar with the sheer complexity of many of the weapons systems (the ones he hasn't canceled or de-funded) that our (Senatorially perceived) ignorant servicemembers are (apparently) hard-pressed to operate.

I have absolutely no urge to comment.

I don't even wish to speculate if it would help raise the intelligence of our military (according to the Senator), if the "great" higher institutions of learning would allow recruiters and ROTC onto their campuses.

No, I won't comment.

I don't even think I can. Me a Soldier... me not so smart, Senator.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we all know who's not so smart. He's absolutely clueless, still thinking of the draft and VN and how much more elite he is than your "av-e-rage bear". Most of the world has moved on...

Anonymous said...

Brilliant!

Anonymous said...

It's Halloween...he just let his mask slip.

Anonymous said...

Well said, SC Eagle.