07 August 2005

VTC

We had another VTC scheduled today...

I'm surprised people still sign up for these... The VTC was scheduled to start at 1100Z. My appointment was for 1349Z. I got there, and STILL they couldn't get it connected. I finally got on there about 1500Z or so...

So many spouses had given up. Others, like my beautiful bride, had children running around, and had gone through the trouble of getting there. Plus, kids were expectant, so you wait.

Quality was... slightly better this go around. They could still see me fine on the big wall projection.

I, of course, am watching on a tiny screen on a briefcase laptop. Any movement by them results in static in the picture...

BUT, they got to see me. Which is a big plus. Webcams often have a difficult time working. Also, I got to see Kira... whom I hadn't seen or heard from since she went back to the states for visitation...

So, overall... worth the wait, if not frustrating... Always good to see the kids... and, did I mention my lovely bride?

No comments: