08 August 2005

Letters from Children



Some of the best mail I get is the occasional letter from a child. Now, cynical side of me often wonders if it's just a project for class or such, but...

I suspect not.

Often times, the letters are accompanied by a note from the adult who says how much the children wanted to do it.

The letters are cute, simple, and heartwarmingly touching. And sometimes, amazingly... "real". In so much as the kids seem to have a great grasp of what's going on.

So, with today's mail, two more art/letters (art because they are after all done by children and no child I know just writes a letter... ART must be involved!!!)...

Enjoy, if you can read through the picture...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are wonderful to receive aren't they? And so what if they were a project? The words are their own.

Anonymous said...

My 6 yo and 3 yo color and write notes regularly to an adopted Marine in Iraq. It is their "chore" to write a letter on Saturday am while I do my chores then we tape up "the box" and go to the post office. They ask about him during the week and I encourage them to write down thoughts and questions(of course, the 3 yo is mostly me writing what he says).

Please take your cynic hat off, my kids at least are thrilled to have something they wrote go in an envelope and get sent all the way around the world to make someone happy. (Even as they struggle to understand why we are mailing Cheez-Its and Oreos)

And if you want more letters, I've got two creative kids, a new package of construction paper, and a bin full of markers who could always use a new project.