22 October 2006

Feeling the Support

By the numbers, the response to the auction and fundraiser has been beyond our belief.

Yes, the funds raised has been phenomenal. We are closer to being able to afford many of the expenses that are forthcoming. And then, there's hope for the expenses we haven't even forecast yet. And Blackfive even suggested perhaps starting a scholarship fund for the kids... I'd never considered that, but... maybe?


What has truly stunned us has been the messages of support. In the donations, there are often words of support thanking ME! I am just a Soldier... I am surprised and humbled by this. Ellicia is the one who is so strong, and she gets my tremendous respect and adoration. I don't know how she does it, every day, so strong.

We're touched, too, by those who give when in need themselves. From the hastily scrawled note in the mail saying times were tight, but enclosing $5... to a donation of the last dollars in someone's PayPal account.

How do we thank all of you? How do we repay your generosity?

It is an Honor to serve my country knowing that people like we've now encountered are numbered amongst its citizens.

(Oh, and for those who say that support for the military is waning... I disagree. Judging by the content of the messages, the sheer number, and the spread all over the countryside... Thank you. Hooah!)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooah back at ya!

Anonymous said...

You ARE a special family. Ditto on the HOOAH!

Gary said...

HOOAH!

Thank you for choosing to stand between my family and an enemy that looks for every opportunity to kill them for no other reason than they are alive. If we as Americans cannot support those who support us, then are we not hypocrites?

You and your family represent me and my family, so for that I have no choice but to support you any way I can.


Once again, HOOAH!

Go Navy! :)

Anonymous said...

HA, Jere has an ally! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I recently met someone who wondered if the beheading of one American were really adequate atonement for the "atrocities" committed at Abu Graib (sp?)! I'd heard there were such people in our country but had never met one. Thank you for all that you do to support our country even though now it is largely with your words rather than your work. (The work part will return.) Thank you for showing those who come in contact with you what it means "till death do us part." Thank you both for your inner and outer courage on both your parts. Thank you for the tremendous sacrifices you have accepted since your decision to go into the military because you felt you owed something to your country (that's WAY back in the archives!). You are what it means to be an American. We hear today how hard it is to find national heroes and role models for our young people. You are such a one. Carry on, Soldier. We're all here for you.

Anonymous said...

HOOAH! We all appreciate an opportunity to show our support and thanks.

M*A, you'll have to tell Jere he has another ally, too. I support 'em all, but I'm a Navy Mom.

Gary said...

OK, I'm new here... who is Jere?


Go Navy!

Anonymous said...

Gawfer, Jere is Mary*Ann's hubby.

Gary said...

Thanks MissBirdlegs.

I have a special fondness for those in 'crackerjacks'.

And this Army 'Dogface' ain't so bad either.

Hooah!


Go Navy!

Anna said...

SC Eagle, you are a hero for all that you are handling to help your wife. Both of you are fighters.

May you both stay strong and know there are a lot of people pulling for you.

Bravo Zulu!

MsUnderestimated said...

God speed to you and your family, my friend...

http://www.msunderestimated.com/2006/10/26/sc-eagle-a-soldier-who-needs-your-help/

Ms.Underestimated