19 November 2005

Not Just Another Sign in the Zodiac

It's cancer.

The test results came back Friday.

I'm scheduled for Emergency Leave to go home for 30 days and try to help her through this. The docs want to start chemotherapy immediately.

Part of their concern is to reduce the size of the lump before excising it; part is also the spots on both lungs that were found when conducting further tests.

I am impressed with the speed with which the unit moved. From the time the Red Cross message came to the time that I was cut loose was under two hours. I have emergency leave paperwork (which makes me Priority One to leave Kandahar), my release from the Task Force - thank you, LTC, and the Red Cross Message.

The rear seems to be swinging into gear for support, as well; especially considering that it will still be days before I am home.

More later...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

God keep you and Ellicia and the young ones in the palm of His hand, SC Eagle ... May he give you strength and comfort as you speed on your way home to hold Leesh close and lend her the comfort of your own strong love and support!

My prayers will be for the both of you to come safely through this ordeal through God's grace.

God's blessings on you both!!! Keep a fierce hold of His hand, SC, for Ellicia's sake and yours.

Anonymous said...

Fight and fight HARD! Don't let her give up. When you're back by her side, your love for her will lift her up and give her strength! I pray for you and Leesh and the rest of your family. Love and prayers can do what seems impossible at times. Godspeed!

GunnNutt said...

I'm thankful to hear that your leave was processed so quickly. I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Thoughts and prayers with you and your entire family. So good to here you will be home soon - together you will find the strength needed to fight this new fight. God bless!

Anonymous said...

Reid, You'll all be in my prayers. Glad you're getting to go home for a bit. Take good care, Katy

Anonymous said...

Praying.

dawn said...

After reading about a dozen posts, I feel that I've gotten to know you and your family just a little bit...You're in my prayers.

Fermina Daza said...

Praying and praying hard.

My dad is a 15 year lung cancer survivor. It can be done and, God willing, it will this time around too.


- hfs

nwkatje said...

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife. I'm glad that you will be by her side as she goes thru treatment.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the cancer. And thankful the powers that be were so swift in getting you home to her.

My prayers are with you and your family.