30 March 2007

Bittersweet

Today is T's SECOND birthday! Yes, our little boy has reached two years old.

When I look at my sweet, adorable little boy, it amazes me how far he's come already. There is a small part of me that will always remember his beginning. He had a very rough start. For us, it was frightening. I recall driving back and forth between hospitals and trying to care for the rest of our family, too. Being scared he wouldn't make it. The joy of first being able to touch him, to hold him. How I instantly loved him. And how happy I was when I was able to see this:



And there's this:
What a kiss!
Sigh.
Tomorrow marks three months since E passed away. T's birthday was one of the milestones we thought we'd make (we were aiming for her birthday - 02 May). Unfortunately, it wasn't meant to be.

Three months. It seems a long time ago. And it was yesterday.

In a fabulous bit of timing, I was able to pick up most of the pictures from the frame shop today. Nice present. These are the pictures that were used at the viewing, so framed, they're quite large. The framer did a fantastic job. The one of E in her wedding gown is gorgeous - impeccable work. And the one of us by the waterfall in Hawai'i came out very well. She balanced the matte colors, frame designs, and the colors in the photos to maximize their stunning images.

I miss her.

I miss that she's not here to help eat T's cake. I miss that we didn't make it to his Birthday. While I know she is watching, and can see what's happening, and how far he's come... I'd love to have the conversation with her. While we remininsce about his life so far, and we dream about what's to come.

I ache for her.

And I'm happy she no longer suffers. And I look forward to when the children are old enough to appreciate her story.

For now, I hold our children. And when it's time to sleep, it's always, "A Kiss from Daddy... a Kiss from Mommy... And remember, Mommy and Daddy Love you."

Two years since T's birth, and three months since E's death. And yet, they're both full of life, in their own ways. T, the growing boy. And E living on, in M, T, and in my Heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Thomas!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Thomas.