16 March 2007

Made Me Smile

As a general rule, I've tended to avoid posting about the kids. All sorts of various reasons, and it has worked (for the most part) up until now.

Of course, half the family now being gone, I can either post about me or... um... maybe share some of what the kids are doing.

Well, tonight, Thomas got me to smiling. He was helping me cook, in his own special way - mostly being underfoot. He was having such a good time, I didn't want to fuss at him for being in the kitchen.

Being the curious little boy that he is, he likes to check out the cabinets, drawers, and last night... the dispensers on the fridge. He tapped the water dispenser, and would you believe? It works!

Made a nice puddle on the floor. Thomas looks at me, points down, and says, "Uh oh." Stares at it. And before I can do anything (or say anything), he scurries away. I'm curious, and dinner isn't doing anything, so I watch what he's up to. He goes into the dining room, climbs up on the chairs, reaches for the roll of paper towels I keep there, rips off one sheet (clean tear, too), brings it back, wipes up the water, and puts the wet towel into the trash can.

Wow. I was so proud of him. Such a good little boy! And so clean minded... and wanting to help.

Precious.

I smiled. And told Ellicia... Sure she's proud.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure Ellicia was proudly watching him also.

Les & Colleen

Anonymous said...

What a sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Made me smile, too.

Anonymous said...

It is the little moments.

Mike Driehorst said...

Sounds like Thomas is being raised right!

It is interesting to see how kids react when something gets spilled or something little like that, that they cause. Still often (enough) I catch my kids looking back at me like, "Okay, now what?" Or, "Well, are YOU going to get it?"

Mike

Anonymous said...

Good going Mom and Dad!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and sweet!