21 July 2008

Long Overdue Reenlistment Pictures


Awhile back, I mentioned my reenlistment.


I have been neglectful in posting the pictures from the ceremony. I'm sorry. So, trying to catch up on my mile-long "To Do" list...

Here are some of those pics. More to come... eventually. Really.






































The Flag. No ceremony would be complete without it. In the background is the statue of Thomas Jefferson.










COL Braley administering the Oath to me.















My certificates. Not commonly known... in order to reenlist, you must actually be discharged. Therefore, I have a binder with both my first Honorable Discharge and my renewed enlistment oath.















A very special Honor. My Senator, the Honorable Jim DeMint, invited us to his office after the reenlistment. We spent a good 20 minutes with him. I continue to be impressed by him. I wish we had more Senators like him.

(And who knows... maybe, just maybe, one day I can follow in his footsteps.)

No comments: