03 July 2008

Is Amount Ok?

Has anyone else noticed how it's now commonplace to ask if the total on your bill is "Ok"?

No?

Next time you're at the grocery stores (big offender), and you swipe your credit card, look at the screen. It'll show the amount and then a variation of the question, "Is amount ok?"

And clerks do it, too.

Yes, we usually don't hear them, usually because if they're actually speaking to us in the first place, then their questions are often insincere ("And are we having a good day today?"). So, now they say, "Your total is $15.76, is that ok?"

Is that ok? Are we now bartering? Is the clerk at Wallyworld now authorized to haggle over the bill?? "Gee, $15.76 isn't bad, but how about $14.34?"

Is it ok? Well, if I try to LEAVE without paying, what's going to happen, hmmm?

I just love the question... Is the amount ok... Duh... Of course it is if I want the stuff...

(End rant)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If I say "No, It's Not Okay" will they reduce it for me?

Anonymous said...

This happens often? I can't think of anywhere I've been asked that. (Of course, I do live a very sheltered life...and don't get out much). M said the only time she's heard it is if she's using her debit card and getting cash back.