10 July 2005

Mortared!

We were fast asleep today when all of a sudden I heard AND felt (nearly simultaneously - your physics folks can translate what that means) a HUGE Kar-whump. MORTAR!!!! It shook the building, and could hear stuff hit the roof. I quickly decided to stay put for the moment... maybe it was just one.
I waited...
No further noise.
A minute passed.
2 minutes.
After the third, and I started to relax, the base sirens went off. I jumped up, shouted to my (still asleep) roommates, "to the Bunkers! Let's Go, let's go!" Cleared the room, and off we went.

Sat there for another hour and a half, crammed in with everyone else. Lots of bad jokes, nervous talking, wondering what stupid rules this would result in...
But we all agreed, This was a close one.
Curious where it did hit.
Glad it wasn't closer.
War hit home.
Everyone here is ok, as far as I know...
It's going to be a long, long day...
More later.

From KAF...
me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy @#*% Reid!

Glad everyone is ok. So, you must be a light sleeper....or your roommates sleep like my husband.

Prayers for you all.

Anonymous said...

Plese pray for these soldiers, all you who read this.

Anonymous said...

REID GLAD YOU ARE OK AS WELL AS YOUR BUNK MATES!!!! TAKE CARE OF YOUR SELF THANKS FOR WATCHING OVER YOUR BUDDS

JANET