01 July 2005

Cool Day

Well, this was a pleasant surprise. Went to work today and it was nice and cool. But, it's been that way before and I was no fool. I knew it'd get hot.

Guess what? It didn't (so to speak). Even by 0700Z, it was still felt a good 30 degrees cooler than usual. Never did get to check a thermometer. Later on, it was sweltering again, but it was such a nice change.

Weather forecast says we're getting thunderstorms. Right. With what rain?

Big day in the barracks. Our plumbing is now connected, so no more hiking. Toilets and high-pressure, hot-weather showers are just down the hall. (Now, any good military person also knows the immediate downside... cleaning details. Oh well.)

Currently sitting outside, under the stars, in my lounge chair... enjoying the breeze, and typing all this in.

It's now July. June went by FAST. Let's hope the rest do, too.

Here's a question... I'm curious where some of you heard about or found this blog from? I'm noticing more and more visitors, and just surprised and frankly, kind of flattered that that many people are checking in...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I discovered you via a link from Mrs Greyhawk of the Mudville Gazette. Every day or so she posts her "Dawn Patrol", a synopsis of news articles and posts by MilBloggers that strike her as worth noting. She linked to your blog a week ago (Sunday, June 24). Mudville Gazette is one of the most popular MilBlogs, and I'd wager that her link caused the recent surge in traffic you noticed. Some of those readers (myself, for example) will become regular visitors of yours.

(PS: That was just a taste of what happens in an "Instalanche" -- an avalanche of readers triggered by a link from the Instapundit, one of the top five blogs, with millions of readers.)

-- db

Anonymous said...

Oops, I screwed up two links above. Take 2:
Mudville Gazette
Instapundit

-- db

Anonymous said...

I, too, followed the link from The Mudville Gazette, then added you to my evergrowing Milblog list. Happy 4th of July & thanks for your service! Keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers.