31 March 2006

Party! Party!

Happy Birthday, Thomas!

I am so proud of him. He's 1! My boy is 1...and I am beside myself. I can't hold and squeeze him enough. I have been delighting in watching him learn and develop his skills. It doesn't hurt that he absolutely seems to love his Daddy. (Ellicia isn't so wild about how he teases her -- she'll say, "Say Mommy," and he'll look right at her and say, "Da dada da da". Then he'll have a huge grin. He's got quite the sense of humor already.)

Part of it is also as I think back to a year ago. I've had a lot of that lately... thinking about the past year - how much has happened. But a year ago...

Anyway, I am a happy papa. So, enjoy some pictures from Thomas' first birthday party. He certainly had a good time making them possible.

Birthday boy!



His cake ($60! from AAFES, gasp!). Very blue icing. And, we're definitely a Bugs Bunny family.



Getting ready for the party. The gifts...



The table...



Thomas, enjoying HIS cake!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Blue Boy...er, Thomas! Reid, I understand your fascination - I was the same way with my kids. They almost always entertained and amazed me. I loved watching their minds work.

Ellicia, you look absolutely fabulous! You have a pretty head!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to the big boy and his family. Ditto Katy, Ellicia may just start a new fashion trend.

Anonymous said...

Thomas is an absolute doll...Happy Birthday Big Guy! Ellicia looks wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing! That is one cute dude, though that faraway glint in his eyes likely means you will be kept busy! :)

Beautiful, beautiful mother. Happy father. Very cool.