15 March 2006

Lost Opportunities

Found out today that my promotion got held up last month. I'd been set for it downrange, but then I came back. No problem, I was told... So, I put all the paperwork together, submitted it... and heard nothing.

Heard today that it was because "I have so much on my plate." Same reason that my eye surgery was held up (ok, I can meet half-way on understanding that one).

So, promotion is gone... I figure if patterns hold, I should get my next shot sometime in the Fall.

Sigh.

Oh well, adapt and move on...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, *you* have so much on your plate, or the person doing the paperwork?

Maybe you can fill me in. Why would it matter? I'd think the folks out in the field would be plenty busy as well, but they still get promoted.

Anonymous said...

Well, that just sucks!

Anonymous said...

Missbirdlegs just stole my comment, so DITTO!