04 March 2006

Constant Coughing

Poor Ellicia. I hate seeing her like this. She has a chronic cough, and no, it's not something that's easily treated.

It's a result of the cancer and the treatment for it. It's eaten away part of the lung tissue (according to the doc) and thus, the cough. It is literally a constant cough most of the time.

Feel so bad for her.

Know she hurts. And it tears up her throat. But, nothing much we can do.

Doc finally gave us a narcotic... Can only be used at night. Not sure if it's so she can sleep... or so I can sleep (didn't sleep for two nights straight).

Will be glad when this is all over.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there... and give my best to Ellicia. That sounds awful.

Anonymous said...

Can she have some hot tea with honey? It won't stop the cough but her throat might feel better.

SCEagle said...

Sadly, it's not really a throat irritation. It's a side-effect from the cancer itself and the chemotherapy. Basically, a deterioration of the lung.

So, the honey won't work. Also, cough syrups, lozenges, and all the other favorites are ineffective.

Sigh.

Anonymous said...

I only suggested honey for the effect on the throat caused by the coughing ie scratchy and sore. I doubt if any form of cough suppressant will help but if I knew of one I'd let you know ASAP. Best of luck to you both...this just stinks!