30 March 2010

Less than 39 Days

In less than 39 days, I will walk 39 miles in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in Washington, DC.  I walk in memory of my wife, who died from breast cancer, and in support of those many women – and men – who will need a cure to this disease.

 

As part of my commitment, I have agreed to raise $1800, but I’m not there yet!

 

Each year, the Avon Foundation helps over one million women receive mammograms; this is a fundamental method of early detection of breast cancer.  With cancer, the best weapon is Time; the earlier it is detected, the better one’s chances for survival.

 

Please join me and help me meet and surpass my fundraising goal.  My personal web page is http://www.avonwalk.org/goto/WalkForEllicia2010 and donations may be made online.  I can also accept a check mailed to me made out to the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer.

 

As always, I thank you  for your support.  I’m in it… to END IT!

 

Reid

No comments: