29 May 2008

Preparing for Reenlistment

Today was largely spent preparing for reenlistment.

A large part of this process is making sure my uniform, in this case my Class A's, is properly "put together".
Many people may not be aware of the detail work that goes into the uniform. ALL of the ribbons, badges, nametags, etc. Are _precisely_ placed and measured, often down to a precision of 1/8th of an inch!

Tiday, I spent over 3 hours placing, measuring, moving, repeat all the items on the uniform. Then, my Sergeant inspects, and I redo. After he's happy, it was the First Sergeant Repeat WHOLE process. Finally, the Command Sergeant Major. Repeat again. (Of course, anyone else who comes along offers their opinion and correction free of charge - aren't they nice?)

The other part was signing my new contract. It's done. I'm all set...

No comments: