02 May 2008

Cancer Walk for Ellicia

I'd like to announce that I've decided to partake in the Avon - Walk for Breast Cancer.

The walk will be 26.2 miles long, or more recognizable as the length of a marathon. I think that's significant as battling cancer is often best thought in terms of a marathon - it's a long race.

I'll be walking in Washington, DC - where Ellicia found special memories on our last trip. And significantly, it's the weekend of her birthday - she would have been 41.

Avon's foundation requires a commitment to ensure the successful goal of the walkers. Each walker must make a commitment of a minimum of $1800 in contributions.

I am asking for YOUR help. I'd like to blow past that goal, personally. Breast cancer, like so many cancers, is a horrible disease. We need to keep funding the research to DEFEAT this disease - before it claims too many more of our mothers, wives, daughters, sisters... and little known fact, the men in our society, too.

Please, go to my Avon website where you can donate directly.

If that doesn't work, then you can also click the button below, and those donations will go 100% to the walk.

Thank you for your support. It'll be a long, hard walk... but, as Ellicia taught me, anything is possible.













A special thank you to the following blogs for highlighting our cause:


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

We just donated a little something for your very worthy cause. I remember reading about your loss and have often wondered how you and the children are doing. God Bless all of you, I hope that you have found peace.

Anonymous said...

Hope you are doing well..traveled the journey with you and Ellicia...still wondering about the silence..you know what I mean

Anonymous said...

{{{{{{{{{Reid}}}}}}}}}}

I KNOW "anything is possible."

Love,

Rachelle Jones said...

Mr. Stanly,

I sent you a note in your email box...it may have been spammed...

The ladies at SpouseBuzz would like to have you on SB Radio, to talk about breast cancer, your experience, and hopefully raise awareness, and money for a good cause!

contact me at jonesarmywife@sbcglobal.net

Sudipta Das said...

Hello Eagle
on this issue I am fully agree with you. but If we want to combat against a dreadful disease like cancer we need a comprehensive knowledge of the cancer symptoms that can lead to the infliction of the disease which would help us to nullify its consequences at the elementary level.

thank you

sudipta das

Anonymous said...

May God bless you with stregnth and with energy. Never give up.

Anonymous said...

You just hit your goal :) I will be walking in Charlotte in October. Good luck to you and God bless.

Girl in the Middle said...

Good luck!

And Happy Birthday to Ellicia. What a wonderful way to honor her.

supportone said...

congratulation I could not have even thought of doing that walk!!
you have set a very high bar for people to strive to achieve
support 1