17 June 2007

Father's Day

Very disappointing this year... just wasn't the same, really.

It started off nicely. M came and woke me up with several sweet "Happy Father's Day."

Afterwards, I went to take a shower, and that's where it went downhill...

While in the shower, the munchkins ate my Daddy's Day present that M had given me. And lied about it... of course, because that's one of the fundamental rules of being a kid, right?

Yesterday, it was coloring on the window sill... today, the carpet.

We left the house, and started with a few errands on the way to Daddy's Day lunch at the Waffle House. Kids tag-teaming their screaming and screaching the whole way there...

Came back, and it just continues...

Yay.

M's lying has gotten atrocious... she lies about everything and seems to beg to want to get in trouble... is fishing for negative attention when I'm eager to give her good attention.

Very frustrating day.

This gets easier, right?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...gets easier? Well, if nothing else...they will change tactics and problems...it won't ever be boring.

Rachelle Jones said...

I have this same problem, the negative attention thing...

and I am willing and so here....

it is universal

Anonymous said...

I know it is hard Reid, but experience tells me to ignore her lying, when you know it is a deliberate lie. By acknowledging the lie you help encourage more. But remember when you know she is truthful, really reward it, or when you know Thomas is do likewise. It is an attention seeker....and boy did I have plenty of experience with that and one of my children (you can guess who) when he was growing up. Please try the reward for good and ignore the bad...it does work....Good Luck Reid...

Colleen

Anonymous said...

PS. Happy Father Day Reid. I keep forgetting it as it is not Fathers Day in Australia unitl September. As a famous Australian ex Prime Minister once said. "Life was not meant to be easy".

Colleen

Anonymous said...

Ah, the joys of parenthood! It does get better, eventually. It just seems to take so darn long! LOL!
Happy belated Father's Day!