21 June 2007

8 Simple Rules...

ABC Family channel has recently started airing "8 Simple Rules (for Dating my Teenage Daughter)".

Wow.

I missed this show when it came around, and only caught a few episodes on AFN.

It is so refreshing. No language. No gratuitous ________. Still deals with "issues" and still presents entertaining episodes... Just fun. Don't have to worry about holding the remote in case the episode goes out of control...

And I miss John Ritter. While I could do without almost all of his efforts on "Three's Company", I find several of his later works to be entertaining. I remember hearing when he died (I was in formation at AIT) and being very sad.

It airs at 1800 - 1900 on ABC Family... go and enjoy... I record it and it is a nice respite for me.

(Followed by my guilty indulgence of "Whose Line is it Anyway?". I roll all around the floor laughing during this show. Anyone else? Who's your favorite? Ryan? Colin? Greg? Drew? Wayne? Laura Hall? Or one of the lesser featured ones? Don't know who/what I'm writing about? You are at a giant loss...)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Giggle. Sounds like you're writing what you're thinking. I liked John Ritter too.

Reasa said...

I loved John Ritter. He was an awesome actor adn most of what he did in the 80s and early 90s was very family friendly. My favorite on Whose Line is It andyway? is Wayne. The way he can go from being the straight guy to singing a song of love to a male audience member is just to cool. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi dear Reid and family, I've been subrosa for a bit but now I'm back.

I also roll all over the floor when I watch WLIIA. Favorite episodes: Brad Sherwood, guest, doing Dating Game skit, does Count Dracula all over I forget who but I laughed til it hurt. Next: Brad Sherwood doing a weight lifting competition who has to finish a sentence some else started, I think, it's been a while, and before he knows it, he's saying a sentence not even he can believe he's actually saying in front of G*d and everybody. Hilarious. Next, Wayne Brady is doing the weird songs of "I can't smell" challenge, and does a blues version that stops the show. The audience went spastic and so did I, he was that good.

Sorry, I don't find many fans of the show, either. I don't know why.

I too was saddened to learn how John Ritter died; he was too young for that.

I hope you and yours are all in fine fettle.