08 April 2007

Just Doing Our Job

With many of my Soldiers' Angels, and other wonderful supporters, I have been called a Hero, like many of my fellow Soldiers.

And I've tried to be polite, say "Thank You", and move along. Some though have picked up on the discomfort that often comes with being called "Hero", and asked. My response has been that we're just doing our jobs... and we're proud to do it. Surely, others would do the same in our position.

I've just come across a post over at Tanker Brothers that helps explain it very well. Please take a look... here.

And to all who support us... Thank YOU.


As for whom I call Hero:


She faced cancer and death with more courage and determination than many people I've ever known... combined. I can only hope to live up to her example. Ellicia, you ARE a Hero.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Her eyes shine with light and life.

You have been lucky in yer life to find such a love....a forever love.

God bless you and yer children.