04 April 2007

Happy Sobbing

Recently watched the House episode - "Fetal Position". If you don't watch House, well you're missing some good TV. E&I loved it. I'm happy I'm able to start watching it again.

Anyway, first off, this episode had Anne Ramsay guest starred. I've watched her in quite a few pieces, but I have truly fallen for her (as a fan, sheesh) in Mad About You. Now, there's a fine, fine TV show. Can't get enough of it... nor Helen Hunt. Thumpa-thumpa... wow, she is quite the actress... and not a day's gone by that I wouldn't have loved to be Paul Buchman... or Paul Reiser!

Annnnyway.

This episode was just another delightful House episode, but there's a part where Dr. House, who's steadfastly refused to call an in utero baby anything but "fetus", is doing surgery on the baby in the womb. And those little fingers reach out and grasp Dr. House's hand. (No doubt, it was inspired by this image from a doctor performing surgery on a 21-week baby...)


Tears started flowing.

Just touched me. I can remember melting into puddles each time I'd see my children wiggling on an ultrasound. See, I know there's life in there. Can't see the ultrasound, or have a baby respond to you, and not. E&I, for instance, discovered that Thomas had quite a thing for Gregorian Chants while he was still in the womb. (We were in Paris, in Notre Dame cathedral, and there was a choir in the cathedral singing Gregorian Chants - an awe-inspiring experience, I tell you. Magical, actually... and T was enthralled. Ellicia liked it, too, if you must know. :) )

Dr. House's "conversion" is nice, of course... as he now refers to the baby as "baby". And, there is a nice scene at the end where we see the mother holding her baby.

Very touching.

Think I'll watch again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like most movies, haven't made time for "House"...but Gregorian chants...beautiful.

(Are these word verification words...getting more difficult?)

Anonymous said...

i did happen to catch that episode of house and loved it, made me tear up too.

Anonymous said...

I met Anne on the set of an indie film she was supporting. A very nice person. I think her acting on "Mad About You" was totally original; she created one of the most memorable TV characters.
I agree with you totally. A baby by any other name is still a baby.

(mary*ann, they are getting harder. Please, give me a verb and let me conjugate it, ok, it would be faster.)

Anonymous said...

I loved that episode too,it made me cry and smile at the same time.My first time checking the Military blogs,and i am enjoying sharing the thoughts of men that could be my sons as well.Thank you for your service,for protecting me and mine.I love you all.
ggmom2230