02 February 2006

After Action Review

Wow, what a wonderful trip it was. I think it did some genuine good for Ellicia.

First off, we are still amazed at how a trip that had literally nothing (ok, there were two eensy-teensy appointments) scheduled could feel so busy. From the get-go, it felt like we were always going somewhere.


I look back and am still touched by my father meeting me at the airport... I don't think I'll ever forget how he looked. Love you, Dad.

And the smile on Ellicia's mom's face when she first got to see her...

or her Grandmother's face.

Her best friend's.

My mother's.

And all of the fussing over Thomas, who is destined to be a devilish ladies man. What a flirt!

We stuffed ourselves silly over all of our favorite restaurants.

We savored the sights of our old stomping grounds, and what'd changed... and what hadn't.

And discovered that "home" seemed to have moved. We felt like out-of-towners... and discovered how much we were missing Germany. There's something to be said for the German rigidness and strictness of life - driving is so much safer (when you drive like a German... driving like an American in Germany gets you killed).

What a trip... can we do it again?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear how well things went!!!! I was starting to get nervous :)