04 November 2006

The Orders My Friend... Are Blowin' In The Wind

On Thursday, my Commander showed me the letter he'd written to respond to one (of the three) of the Congressional Inquiries I'd initiated. In it, he explained that while there had been delays, they expected to have the process completed in approximately two weeks, as it still had a few more layers to go before the Compassionate Reassignment request was formally approved.

Just before noon on Friday, my Commander called me and told me the request had been approved, and the orders would be ready for me to pick up. So, after making sure Ellicia was ok and squared away (she was still recovering from her chemo), and dashed off to the local PSB (Personnel Services Battalion).

When I arrived, I was told that the orders weren't complete, but I did get some information. I was given a Reference number to show the process was real, and a report date to FT. Eustis of 10 December. I've also noticed that my DEROS (Date Expected to Return from Overseas Service) has been changed to 22 November (yes, check the calendar, that date.)

So, come Monday, I should be able to pick up my orders and then, the odyssey will begin in earnest.

We're coming home...

6 comments:

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Where is Ft. Eustis? And wow, you've got some packing up to do. Good luck with the move. Godspeed.

Anonymous said...

Hot dog!! Safe and speedy travels.

Anonymous said...

Whew! FINALLY! So glad to hear it.

Unknown said...

Excellent news brother. Hope the transistion goes well. If there is anything I can do for you here in the states please let me know.

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize you were getting orders for Ft.Eustis (why was I thinking NC or SC?) anyway...just wanted to say y'all will be about 4 hours away from me...if you ever need ANYTHING, please don't hesitate to ask.

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic news, SC! Now for the fun part.... packing.

We're praying for y'all daily!