12 November 2006

Hail and Farewell

My unit threw Ellicia and I a "Hail and Farewell" tonight. We were stunned. See, I'm just a junior enlisted, and usually us low ranking folks come and go quietly.

Certainly not a party.

Not one attended by the 1SG, my CO, and my battalion Commander (45 minute drive) with his wife.

And so many friends.

Was surprised.

And then, they gave me this:

That's an intentional spelling of "Unyielding", too. An inside joke, if you will. One of the things I always did was proof anything coming out of our office, so... to show that they'd miss me, they spelled it wrong. Nice touch.

I'm so amazed and humbled to have received this. I'll treasure it... for a long, long time.

2 comments:

Mary*Ann said...

....because....*they like you* ;-)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!