23 July 2006

Military Sacrifice and Evacuation of AmCiv from Lebanon

The military has been diligently evacuating 8,000+ American Civilians from Lebanon... anyone who wants to leave, essentially.

In addition to the Marines and supporting USN ships making the direct landings, there are also the supporting personnel involved with loading the chartered ships to Cyprus.

Now, here's a thought. From Cyprus, the evacuees are then being transported back to the US (main gateway is Baltimore.) In lieu of chartering an aircraft, the USAF diverted several C-17s and crews from their regularly scheduled supply missions of vital war materiel to OIF/OEF to Cyprus. These aircraft flew the evacuees from Cyprus to Ramstein where they received medical care, meals, and whatever else they needed.

Just a thought. While many people are griping about the supposed slow response of the US Government in evacuating them from a place they chose to go (because organizing an evacuation and security force from a hot war zone for possibly 25,000 people is something anyone can do overnight!)... many tonnes of vital war materiel was delayed as once again, the military put the citizens first.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And....you may not have heard some of these people interviewed, but some of them were complaining about how long it took and some that were evacuated on ships were not happy with the accomodations. Can anyone say THANK YOU?

Anonymous said...

It's all Pres. Bush's fault.. :)

I suppose these nuts who go to Lebanon on vacation (such a safe, peaceful place, you know) think the USN has empty ships just sailing around waiting to rescue someone.

The military did it's usual outstanding job to the tune of the usual whining from our ungrateful citizens. Makes me just want to BITE someone!

Anonymous said...

Boy, I sure don't want Miss B mad at me ;-)

Anonymous said...

Excellent post. I'll agree with Miss B:)

Anonymous said...

I agree with her, I just don't want her mad at me!! Small but mighty!

Anonymous said...

You girls behave! Talking about me behind my back..(mutter, mutter). I'm not sure I'm mighty, but I am pretty mean when you get me riled! :)