05 October 2007

Technology Today

Isn't technology amazing? In my hand, I am holding more computing power than the astronauts used when they went to the moon.

This blog entry isn't being made at a computer. Not even a laptop. I'm in my van sending it in from my phone's access to the Net.

From my phone, I can do just about anything, including download the latest weather image from satellites in orbit.

Fifty years ago, the world was adjusting to the very concept of objects in space. The mere idea of communicating with the WHOLE WORLD via a handheld device... Would have made impressive science fiction.

What will people be capable of doing fifty years from now? What will MY children find commonplace that will amaze me (besides their taste in music)?

I can only hope, and excitedly await, for what someone Imagines.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Warp speed maybe? Oooohh and a holodeck...for sure!

Anonymous said...

Maybe they'll be "beamed" from one place to another. I don't know though, I thought by the time I reached my age, we'd all be flying instead of driving (like the Jetsons). Well... some of us sorta "fly"... I just do it on the ground. ;)

Anonymous said...

It is truly amazing. I came across this video last week and I'm hoping my principal will allow me to show some of it to my 8th grade class. It's a great lesson plan in the making.